campaigns promoting education + advocacy on the following issues:
- Socially Responsible Investment (work among Disciples)
- Public Education (Ecumenical/Mainline Protestant Community)
- Lethal Drones (work among Disciples)
- Living Wage (Multi-Faith context)
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week (Average 1-2 hours per day)
- aid the DC4PW executive director and/or other members of the DC-Based DC4PW Advocacy Team with one of the specific issues listed above.
- Participate in conference calls by partners or coalitions dealing with this issue.
- Research public policy on this issue.
- Monitor the news regarding this issue.
- Help produce alerts, news briefs, and other content for social media regarding this issue.
- Help produce content for the web page concerning this issue, including the activities and resources of coalitions and partners working on this particular issue.
- Help identify faith-based grassroots advocates or potential grassroots advocates who are involved with or interested in this issue.
- Use online means to contact and educate people on this issue through gatherings, events, and activities in their congregations and regions.
- When possible and where appropriate, attend conferences, events, and/or activities related to the issue—or help recruit others to do so.
- Help organize educational events at regional assemblies and denominational gatherings and help recruit other volunteers to help with this education.
- Prepare reports to the DC4PW executive director and/or other members of the DC-based Advocacy Team re the issue, coalition conversations and activities, organizing efforts, etc.
- Ending Capital Punishment
- Ending Gun Violence
- Ending Torture
- Achieving Equal Pay for Women
- Ending Domestic Violence
- Promoting Worker Justice
Time Commitment: Variable
- Researching public policy on this issue.
- Monitoring the news regarding this issue.
- Participating in conference calls with coalitions working on these issues.
- Reporting to the executive director or other advocacy team member regarding findings and coalition conversations/actions on these issues.
- Occasional op ed or article about some gathering, event, or other activity regarding this issue.